Having experienced something of the power of prayer, my own greatest need is for Christians to pray for me! The greatest gift anyone can give me is to pray for me! We herewith offer to pray for you, and if you have the faintest idea of the value of this offer, you will grab it with both hands! It's free!
If you want us to pray for you please enter your name and email address below and you will be directed to Part 2: How To Enter Into A Personal Relationship With God. There is no cost or obligation whatsoever involved. We will treat your information with the utmost confidentiality and will not coerce you into anything. (You may also proceed to the next page without entering your name on the prayer list if you prefer, by clicking on the link provided.)
If you reject or ignore this invitation you may continue to live in spiritual and emotional poverty and darkness; or you may decide that you want to discover the truth of God and how you can be what God made you to be by entering into a personal relationship with Him -- today! This could undoubtedly be the most important decision you have ever made and will ever make in your entire life! I beg you, for your own sake and benefit, do not consider this invitation lightly!
© Copyright 2013 Scripture Educational Programs. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy | Disclaimer | Contact |
How do I know the Bible is the truth?
Although there are many more, I am going to give you only ten reasons why I believe the Bible is the true and infallible Truth and Word of God:
1. The first reason is that nobody in the world who has ever searched for the truth with an open and honest heart and mind, has ever failed to find the truth of God in the Bible! Millions of people have found it over the centuries and millions of people are finding it at present! The reason why some religions prohibit their followers from reading the Bible and possessing a Bible is a criminal offence in some countries, is because their leaders know that a huge danger exists that they may lose their followers! If you are really looking for the truth, read the Bible alongside your own sacred writings - and decide for yourself! Christians have no problem if their followers read other religion's sacred writings - the truth will prevail! The Bible has no competition - it is in a class of its own!
2. The second reason is the miracle of its compilation. The Bible is not the fruit of only one prophet. If the Bible was written by only one prophet, it's authority could have been challenged. The Bible was written over a period of 1400 to 1800 years by more than 40 different authors, containing 66 books, 1189 chapters and 31,240 verses - consisting of one coherent message, beginning with creation in Genesis chapter 1 and ending with consummation in Revelation chapter 22 - each book and chapter forming a vital part of the coherent whole, without a single contradiction in its context. What do you think the chances are that a book written by 40 authors over a period of 1800 years would produce such a result?
3. The Bible was finally compiled in 387 AD and has for the past more than 1600 years been accepted by the entire Christian church world wide as the inspired Word of God - without any division! The claim by some that the Bible has been changed is a myth, if not an outright lie. It is also the greatest selling Book in history and the Book that has been translated into the greatest number of languages in the world. It is the only sacred writing that can be read by the majority of the world population - and will within a short number of years be the ONLY book in the world to be translated into all 6,900 languages of the world!
4. The Bible has no barriers. Millions of people are discovering the truth of the Bible across the globe in every country of the world. The message of the Bible has no national, cultural, class, language, racial, or political boundaries. It is God's Word for every person, of every nation, culture, tribe and tongue through all the ages!
5. The Bible reveals God's true purpose in creation and His true purpose and plan for every one of His creatures. The Bible also reveals the reason for the state of this world. It not only contains God's perfect solution for the social problems of this world, but above all contains the only and perfect plan of restoration from the fall. The Bible is the only book in the world that provides a solution to the problem of sin and the fall, and offers assurance of salvation for everyone who believes!
6. The New Testament of the Bible reveals the history of Jesus Christ, God the Son, the Saviour of the world, His crucifixion, His resurrection from the grave and His ascension into heaven. These are indisputable facts that were witnessed by multitudes. While many people over the centuries have attempted to disprove these facts - none have succeeded! While there is overwhelming evidence to prove these facts historically correct, nobody has ever succeeded in proving them wrong! At best critics have succeeded to spread unreliable rumours that are believed by some who have no courage to face the truth!
7. The 'Prophet' of the Bible is the only 'prophet' of any faith with an empty grave! The graves of all other prophets are occupied with dead bones! If it can be proved that Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead, Christianity will die! If Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead, the Christian faith is worthless! However, if the resurrection of Jesus Christ is true - that changes everything! Millions of people around the world are coming to the indisputable conclusion that Jesus Christ really is alive and reveals Himself alive to every single person who seeks Him in truth!!
8. The Bible is the ultimate source of all progress, advancement, development, prosperity and liberty in the world. The political systems of democracy, freedom of choice, education and free enterprise are inherited from Biblical principles. Where the Bible is honoured, there is progress and development! Where the Bible is absent or suppressed, there is regression, poverty and bondage. That's the reason why 53% of the world's income belongs to 33% of the world's Christian population.
9. Christianity cannot be killed, because it is built on the eternal principles of the Bible. The more Christians that are killed the more the Church grows! "The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church." This was proved in China where little more than 60 years ago, in 1949, there were less than 4 million Christians after all foreign missionaries were expelled and Christians brutally persecuted by a most repressive communist regime. Today China has the largest Christian population in the world, having exceeded the 100 million mark, and growing!
10. The tenth reason why I believe the Bible is the truth and infallible Word of God, is because God, the Creator of heaven and earth, was revealed to me through its pages. Nobody told me that the God of the Bible was the true God - this was a revelation! This revelation was not only a mental revelation, but a spiritual revelation to such an extend that to this very day I have a personal and intimate spiritual relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour. (If you have a problem with the idea that "God can have a Son" - follow this link.)
The Bible is the only Holy Book that shows you how to enter into a personal relationship with God
Are you searching for the truth? I want to guide you in a short and simple, but systematic manner through the truths of the Bible in such a way that you will be able to enter into a personal relationship with God!
One of the great truths I discovered when I entered into a personal relationship with God, was that I possess spiritual power and authority through prayer. I discovered that I can influence and change people's lives and the world for the better through prayer. In fact I learned that God changes the world and establishes His Kingdom on earth through the prayers of His children. You can too when you have entered into a personal relationship with Him!
So, while we answer the question, How To Enter Into A Personal Relationship With God, we would like to pray for you that you will find God, and enter into a personal relationship with Him.
In 1 John 2:18-26 we read: "Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us - eternal life. These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you." (Emphasis by the editor)
In 1 John 4:1-3 we read: "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world." (Emphasis by the editor)
It is interesting to note that there are several christian groups who deny the deity of Jesus Christ (e.g. Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Armstrongism, Christedelphians, etc.), but Islam was the first major religion to do so. All the aforementioned christian groups have emerged only after the 1800's, while the other major religions, Buddhism, Hinduism and Taoism originated before the birth of Jesus Christ. Although the Apostle John spoke of "many antichrists" that have already come in his time, Islam was the first major religion to reject Jesus Christ as the Messiah of God as prophesied in the Old Testament of the Bible, apart from Judaism.
The behaviour of Islam make this prophecy of John fit Islam like a glove
Firstly, Islam denies the Deity of Jesus Christ, and that Jesus is the Messiah of God. Secondly, Islam is actively and aggressively persecuting the Church of Jesus Christ, while Christianity is outlawed in most Islamic countries. Thirdly, Islam is in aggressive persuit of world dominion. Fourthly, Islam is expecting a messiah of it's own. A well known author (name withheld for security reasons) writes as follows about the Islamic state of Iran: "This is the reality: Iran hates Israel and wants to see the Jewish state destroyed. This is a vital tenet of their religion. The “twelve cult,” which most of Iran’s leaders belong to, believes that Islamic rule of the world requires a bloody war which will bring back the “hidden Imam” to rule the world. ..."
Fifthly, a mosque has been built on the site of the temple mount in Jerusalem. Carefully read what is written in 2 Th 2:3,4: "Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." (Emphasis by the editor)
In many respects Islam faithfully fits the description of the Antichrist as rendered in 2 Thes 2:3-12 and described in Rev chapter 13, and if the final Antichrist emerges from Islam it will be no surprise! Read these passages for yourself and notice the remarkable resemblance!
The above statement comes from this website and if you are interested in reading more about the prophecies of the Bible you may do so here.
by Elmer Grobler
The Antichrist is described in the book of Revelation chapter 13 as a beast - the beast out of the sea. But Revelation 13 also describes another beast - the beast out of the earth - this is the false prophet to whom the Antichrist has given his authority (Rev 16:13; 19:20). These two, the Antichrist and the False Prophet work hand in glove together.
Islam and its prophet Mohammad fits this description in a remarkable way!
If we have concluded that the prophecies in the Bible as we discussed above apply to Islam, then the prophecies in the Bible about the destruction of the Antichrist also apply to Islam:
Rev 19:20,21: "Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him (Jesus Christ) who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh."
In Mat 24:3-14 we read: “Now as He (Jesus) sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.”
"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. …” (Emphasis by the editor)
All of the above prophecies have already gone into fulfillment except for the last one: "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. …”
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
If you want to read the following page but do not want to include your name on the prayer list, click here.